Frozen Huckleberries are a great treat, these sweet, tart berries resemble a blueberry, the flavor is incredible. 1 lb equals 1 1/2 Cups of Frozen Huckleberries. Make shakes, pies, tarts, cobblers and more. Keep in the freezer.
Understand that huckleberries are from Oregon, Idaho and Montana. If you are accustomed to huckleberries from different areas, they will probably taste and look different from what you have experienced.
All of our customers LOVE our berries. If you do not specify what region
you are accustomed to, we cannot refund your money if they are not what
you are use to. The only times we have unhappy customers is when they have had berries from one area and they get huckleberries from somewhere else.
The mountain berries are sweet and tart, whereas the coastal berries are a lot more tart and sweet and smaller than the mountain berries. Let us know in the notes where you have had huckleberries from so we can try to send you huckleberries from that region
We have a large amount of customers, retail and wholesale, that purchase consistently and they are all very happy with our huckleberries. We carry them year round, and have a huge inventory from last year. All of our berries are from 2016, and we freeze them at their peak, there will probably be a few not ripes ones, it is impossible to pick through to get every huckleberry out. We do our absolute best though.
Huckleberries still have a little stem on them, which you cannot taste. If we tried to take the stems off, the berries would end up turning to mush. We use huckleberries in numerous things, and the stem does not make a difference.
- Huckleberries are associated with lowering cholesterol; protecting against heart diseases, muscular degeneration, glaucoma, varicose veins, and peptic ulcers.
- High in vitamin C, Huckleberries protect the body against immune deficiencies, cardiovascular diseases, prenatal health problems, and eye diseases.
- An excellent source of vitamin A and B, huckleberries are great for promoting a healthy metabolism which in turn helps reduce the risk of stroke. They are also known to help stave off macular degeneration as well as viruses and bacteria.
- Huckleberries are an excellent source of iron which helps build new red blood cells and helps fatigue associated with iron deficiency.
- The huckleberry ensures proper functioning of nerve and muscle tissues, such as the heart and skeletal muscles, due to its high content of potassium. It also helps regulate water balance and eliminate waste.
Places we sell huckleberries to:
International Gourmet Food
Idaho Rocky Mountain Ranch
Side Car Doughnuts
Priest Lake Berry Patch
The Heart of Idaho
and many more!